Leaderboard
728x15

House of Laurel Experience: Ph Fashion Week teaser

Large Rectangle
With Sir Rajo Laurel







Trying to do a smize.
With Sean Go and Mr. Noel Manapat
With my co-intern, Krizia Cortez



Styled by Mr. Noel Manapat and Mr. Rajo Laurel

From one of my previous entries, I have mentioned that I have been interning for Mr. Noel Manapat for Ayala Malls’ Style Origin 2012. Meaning I will be working on the fashion shows for Style Origin. But, in a Marquee Mall show, Sir Noel asked us if we wanted to intern and help out on Philippine Fashion Week for Bench. I eagerly quipped, “Of course! Just tell us when!” Because you know, who wouldn’t want to be working in the backstage, right?

After a week, 5 of my fellow interns and I went to Glorietta 4 multipurpose hall, for the fittings for the Alabang Town Center show happening that weekend. While we were double checking the models’ list, who were fitting for the designers, we were asked by one of our head stylists if we wanted to come with them to the House of Laurel, owned by one of the top Filipino fashion designers, Mr. Rajo Laurel. You prolly know what our answer was.

After the fittings, we went straight to House of Laurel to finalize what the models will wear to the event. (We can’t mention anything just yet and we also can’t post pictures of them since the show has not yet ended. But rest assured, I will post pictures after the show.) Then, while we were fixing models’ outfits, our uber head stylist tasked me to think of the dancers’ outfits and style them. And, the dancers will wear different outfits. They don’t have like a uniform so I really had to put my creative cap on. Pressure.

Here comes most exciting part of the experience! This was when another co-intern of mine, Krizia Cortez, got to be “test” models for a couple of hours or so. We were the ones who wore and tried out the models’ (local celebrities’) clothes (Woot woot!!) and Mr. Rajo Laurel, along with our head stylists, styled us! I mean, styled and re-styled what the celebrities will wear. At that moment, it was very awkward that, because for a change, we were the ones who were getting dressed up by our fellow interns and our head stylists with Sir Rajo! So how awkward, fun, exciting, was that? Yeah, mixed emotions! Finally one of my dreams, which is to become a model came true! Well, sort of. But still!!!

Anyway, before I get too chatty again, to those who will watch the show tomorrow, May 27 at SMX, I’ll see you guys there! Catch the Bench show wherein collection of Mr. Rajo Laurel and Mr. Michael Cinco will be shown! Plus, ANTM models Allison Harvard and Dominique Reighard will also be there to model Michael Cinco’s garments! 
Banner