Leaderboard
728x15

Styling Challenge Accepted!

Large Rectangle
For this entry, I'll be blogging about a good friend of mine. This friend of mine was my former blockmate back when we were still froshies, when I was still taking up Early Childhood Education. Even though we aren't of the same course anymore, we still managed to be good friends! 

She also likes to dress up. With what I have noticed from her style is that she likes to keep it plain and simple. And colorful not to mention neon and bright ones! A few months ago, she knew about my plans to become a stylist. So she asked for my help and I accepted her offer. I knew this wouldn't be that hard since she already knows how to dress up. It's just that, I have to spice it up a bit. 

Last May 29, 2012, we went to her house to style her up. And here are some of the outfits I've come up with for her. And oh, everything, was in her closet! :)

Welcome to Mandy Matias' closet. And room. And house! :0

Here's the first outfit I've come up with! :) Which is a school get-up!



When you feel like you wanna be "fashion" and classy in school without overdoing it!

Polo and big bangle: Stadevarius (from HK)
Tank top: Zara
Semi-high-waisted jeans: Topshop
Top siders: Sebago
Robot necklace: Tiangge 
Bag: School of Satchel
_____________________________________________________________________________

Second outfit. Still a school get-up! Toning it down :)

 Mandy wacky-ing it up! She always brightens the mood with her craziness!


Blue polo and gray tank: Tiangge in Bangkok
Pinocchio necklace: Yukie Makes Things
Headband: Call It Spring
Jeans: Mango
Espadrilles: Fila

_____________________________________________________
Her third outfit! Which is a mall outfit! Since she can't wear that to school because of the dress code policy. Hitting the mall to watch a movie with her friends!


Orange sweater: Stradevarius

Short shorts, sandals: Tiangge in Bangkok
Bangle: Forever 21
Orange and Green bracelets (she said they were made of paper): Tiangge
Bag: Zara
Hair: Lazy bun

______________________________________________________

Fourth look: When you're just eating out with your fambam or friends, you can go with this look! You'll never know, your friends always carry with them their cams!


 You look so cute here in this shot, Mandy! :) 

Top: Tiangge Rockwell Bazaar
Shorts: Roxy
Belt: Zara
Bag: Peridot
Shoes: Sanuk



________________________________________________________


 This is where she gave me the challenge. As she was rummaging through her closet, she pulled out this black dress and said, "Here Will, I challenge you to make this dress look good!" And I was like shocked for a moment. I didn't know what was going through her mind when she bought that. So I replied, "Uh, Mandy. Why did you buy that?", while trying not to laugh. Though she was already laughing. Out loud. So she quipped while laughing her ass out, "Because it looked good in the mannequin" This is how her dress looked like!

PRESENTING....THE NOT-SO-PRETTY DRESS/The pambinyag dress :))

So when she wore this, I though putting a belt around her waist would solve the problem. So I did. IT DIDN'T WORK. So I panicked. Then I stared at her dress for a couple of minutes and came up with a bright idea!


So what did I do? First, I pulled both sides of the dress towards the back. What would be left under is the undercloth, which was see through. So I asked her to wear a short, plain black tight skirt under.


To make it look more chic, I pulled it and shaped it properly so that there will be this mini train effect!


VOILA! 


Mandy's diggin' the look! Glad you liked it! :)

Dress: Bangkok
Belt: Forever21
Heels: Ramp

Most people prolly aren't aware that Mandy is an artist. A painter! Yes, she did all those. There were actually more! 






"A friend in need, is a friend indeed." Mandy wasn't really a fashion disaster. She is actually very particular and picky with her clothes. There's nothing wrong with keeping it simple. As they say, "The simpler, the better". 

 Thank you Mandy for trusting me! :) See you around school! You're a great model :)



Banner