Leaderboard
728x15

The Princess of Fire and Ice (FIP Finals Project)

Large Rectangle

As a final requirement for my fashion styling class, we were asked to formulate our own shoot, own theme, and our own team. That made us doubt ourselves. Imagine hiring/looking for your own professional model, photographer, HMUA, assistant, location, pullouts, clothes, and the like. It wasn’t easy. It was more of an exposure for us.

The first thing I did. PLAN. Start from something. As in anything, maybe a theme, or clothes, or whatever. From there, ideas will flow through your head and you might even change your theme. Trust me, I changed my theme thrice!

Then I ended up with the theme entitled, “Princess of Fire and Ice”. There’s not much of a deep story behind the photos/editorial spread I have come up with. (Since I barely had time to plan it and make a story out of it because this coincided with my finals in La Salle) Anywho, what I had in mind was a princess who had the power of two, of fire and ice. Wherein she could was first the Princess of Fire then she suddenly realizes that she can not only produce and control fiery things but also ice. Confusing huh? Well, let these photos clarify your confusions! 

Gold Dot for the necklace and cuffs

Beauty shots for fire and ice! 




Mostly, I tried to convey the contrast of the color red (with a pinch of gold) and the color blue (with silver). To make the photos more striking and sharp. 

Shoes from Gold Dot

Wearable-ish outfits for both sides! 


Shoes from Gold Dot


The red with gold and the blue with silver gives a sense of balance. I wanted to make it seem fierce (as always) but not too fierce since princesses are mostly known for their subtleness. But there should still be a vibe of independence and pride! Makes sense?

Gown designed by Nio Manzano
Shoes from Gold Dot

Gown designed by Paul Go
Special thanks to Denise Ang

That's it for my finals! I hope you guys liked it. I will participate / do more shoots and improve my skills so you will be more psyched and entertained. And hopefully, you'll notice my progress. I mean, if I make any. HAHA 

To my team who made ALL of this possible! Thank you so much and I hope we get the chance to work again! 


Photographer: Franz Andrews

Assistant Photographer: Naicky S.

Model: Dianne Hernandez
Stylist // Art/Creative Director: Will Cheng
HMUA: Lhee Murias
Overall Assistant: Keven Samson

Special thanks to Jannelle Duazo of Gold Dot Shop
Nio Manzano, Denise Ang, and Raffy Trinidad 


Continue supporting my blog. You can also follow me on Twitter and Instagram : willchengiam 


For styling needs contact me through cheng3.william@gmail.com or williamcheng3@yahoo.com 

Will Cheng, fashion stylist



Banner