Leaderboard
728x15

TRIBUTE TO FASHION ICON MICHELLE OBAMA...

Large Rectangle

With less than 10 days until the Obama Family leave the White House and we crawl into our beds crying wondering what we did wrong to end this relationship (lol), I wanted to look back on some better times.

From the first time I saw Michelle I fell in love with her style.  Maybe it was our similar love for sleeveless fit and flare dresses, her serious yet quite demeanor or her need to smile when it was time to smile and not because the public said "you should smile more".  Her personally was like gravity and her style was like silk to me.  Strong, soft, flowing, non conforming and unmatched to any other.  The more I saw her the more I wanted to see her. 



Over the last 8 years her style grows, changes and matures as her children and husband has changed.    She wore all of my my favorite designers and open my eyes to a few new ones as well. 
To show how much I love Mrs. Obama style, I wanted to show my top 10 FLOTUS looks from the last 8 years.



1. Isabella Toledo on Obama 2008 inaugural walk through Washington
The fact that she chose Toledo on such a special day let me know I had found my new fashion Icon

2. Christian Siriano @ The Democratic Convention

3. Missonni in Milan


4. Tom Ford


5. Jason Wu (this is now apart of a museum collection....a MUSEUM people!!!)

6.Thome Browne (you know I screamed when I saw her wearing Thome)

7. Naeem Khan

 8. Jason Wu (again)

9. Kenzo (Can we all look so polish & amazing stepping off a plane)

10. Versace
(The president said to her "They not looking at me" #damerightobama)



First Ladies of the past were known to wear one designer over and over again.  FLOTUS Michelle changed the fashion of first ladies by doing the exact opposite. Mrs. Obama ambition to feature American fashion designer or young and upcoming designers was not lost to me. She mixed high end designers with off the rack. She wore sneakers, jeans and shorts, which was something never seen before.  She was colorful, polish, and bold.  All the making of a style icon. 

I will miss Michelle representing the US as our first lady but I know there is more style to come. 
Banner