Leaderboard
728x15

WHY I LOVE KIMONOS

Large Rectangle


I don't know influence from Andre Leon Tally and his caftans but I LOVE Kimonos. I wear them everywhere and ANY where.   I could be chilling around my Brooklyn apartment cooking, writing or watching TV and will have one on.  They are just the bee's knees and they look good no matter what. 
I now have 5 and can you believe I'm still looking to add 5 more before summer starts? Yes you can say obsessed but if Fairy Godfather Tally can do it so can I! My collection ranges from an authentic Japanese Kimono to a thrift store find! The great thing is that they all look good no matter the price. 



Take this one I am wearing for example.  A friend of mine IG'ed about it so I electronically sent her the money and ask her to buy me one.  (technology being used for the greater good of fashion...yes!!!) At a total cost of about 20 bucks you cant beat that right?


Besides the price, I love them for other reasons.  One, this is about as boohoo as my classic style can get.  Two, they're a quick and easy was to add color to my outfit. Three, they fit easy in my bag so I carry them for cold air condition train or cooler nights.   Finally, the style gets to instantly oomph up a bland outfit. 3


Banner