Leaderboard
728x15

MY GRADUATION OUTFIT IDEA...NEED YOUR HELP

Large Rectangle
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!! This week I am graduating with my Masters in Fashion Merchandising and what a experience I've had.  Being in my 30's, and out of school for over 10 years, I was so scared that I couldn't do it.  I wondered if I would even be accepted let alone do a term paper?
I had to learn all over again but through the help of the LIM family I made it through.  Thank God I never have to read a text books again!!  Now that my thesis and projects are all done and the robe is pressed the next question of course is.....WHAT TO WEAR?

Just because I'm wearing a robe doesn't mean I didn't put some serious thought into what I will be wearing.
This is a major mild stone for me and I want to look my best. As well as looking good, I want to feel confident and comfortable while being plus size.  I cant say that being plus doesn't weighs on my choices but I do recognize that I represent the community to the fullest extent.  Cant show up with a skirt too short or pants to small. Fashion Master like that....I think not!!!

 With this in mind I have put together some ideas for my graduation outfit. Maybe you can use them to or share with another plus size graduate searching for her perfect outfit.  But mostly, I NEED YOUR HELP.
Help me decide which one to wear?




Outfit 1: All over white

All over white usually means that something is going down.  Since white goes with formal wear I thought this white jumpsuit from Lane Bryant would look great for graduation.  With my robe being dark it would be the best in high low contrast and really make me stand out.   Since the robe is long and the pants are long, I want to pair this with a low block heel from Torrid.  I love the print in the heel and as I am fashion student it gives the look a little fashion edge.

Outfit 2: Power (Pink) Suit


YES I love pink and this suit from Eloquii has been sitting in my closet calling my name.  With the wild swings in weather in NYC these last few weeks I wasn't sure if I ever get a chance to wear this suit.  Well the weather is going to be on the cooler side the day of Graduation so maybe its time to break out the pink power suit.
Since wearing the same color/pattern all over has become a huge trend this season it would be fashionable yet business like.  A heel while waiting in line is not something I would want to do on this day so I will pair the suit with strappy black sandals.
I think these makes for a great kick off to stepping up my fashion career don't you think?

Outfit 3: Casual Blues




Not sure how I feel about being too casual but love the idea of being comfortable.  Because these Allie Ankle pants have such a beautiful pattern and the shirt is a great color on my I think this outfit could work out under my robe.  Once graduation is over, I can add a bomber jacket to finish the look.
With a outfit this casual I will have to bump up the shoes to a heel.  To keep it comfortable block denim heels from Ashley Stewart keep in with the theme of casual, comfortable and fashionable.

Outfit 4: Maxi Floral

It's Spring time so of course I want to wear a long flowing floral dress.  These selections from SheIn were only $20-25 each so of course I purchased both.  I plan to wear flat sandals as my shoes wont be seen too much and I'm tall.

So which one should I wear!!!! Check out my Instagram (nec_style) to find out which one you guys picked and which one I picked.

And to all my 2018 Graduates....Congratulations.  We did it!

                        
                        via GIPHY
Banner