Leaderboard
728x15

Fashion Magazine Best of 2018

Large Rectangle

As a blogger, and an all around fashion enthusiast, I still purchase physical magazines every so often.

Magazines has always been my escape from reality so even thought I have online subscription, I still like to purchase a magazine and thumb through the pages.

There is nothing like thumbing through a magazine on a Sunday morning while sipping over priced coffee in Gentrified Brooklyn.  lol

This year I found I'd purchasing more magazines then years before.  With way too many magazines on my table, I thought it would be nice to close out 2018 with a best of. 



Here are my Best Fashion Magazine Covers of 2018.  They are in order of when they came out only.

January: Lupita For American Vogue
Balance on a surfboard in a sequin swimsuit/gown and call it Wellness...yes please. I just love her and how she rocks her natural short hair with no issues

March Allure -Speaking of Hair...

 Maybe it was Black Panther coming out  and all the hype behind the natural hair and deeply African positive representation the movie bought but I was very happy to see Lupita again and with a crown of braid and beads.  YES QUEEN!!!!

July: Curvy Women Vogue Arabia

Haven women of a certain size on the cover of Arabia magazine was a great step in a positive direction for women in the Middle East.  Was very happy to see all bodies in all shapes being represented.

August: Travis+Kyle+GQ=Internet breakdown

I could not escape this photos for weeks!!! It maybe be simple, sexy and not ground breaking but it was one to be remembered for 2018 all because the internet wouldn't let me.

September: Naomi for Vogue Paris, Rianna for Vogue British and Beyonce for Vogue US





Everyone in fashion knows that September is the biggest Issues for all Magazines.  Vogue get so big its commonly known as "The Bible".  I say all this so you understand ground breaking reliant of Beyonce being Editor and Chief of this edition.  I am not a Bey-Hive-er but I do recognize the importance of her  being the editor of such an monumental issue.  Also for her being the first to have a black photographer shoot the cover of Vogue.  
Also this was the first time three black women grace three different magazines for September Issues.
What a month

November: Zoe Kravitz Rolling Stone & Ellis Ross for In Style US


These women show that second generation of famous Fathers and Mothers are just as great!!!

December : Michelle Obama Elle US


If you forgot about the Icon Fashion living legend, and former first Lady, Michelle Obama you gonna remember her know.  With a best selling book and fashion to boot, she is here to show us that the White House is not  the end.  What a great way to close out 2018.

Hope you all enjoyed my list.  Cant wait to see you all in 2019.  Happy New Year....

Banner