Leaderboard
728x15

STYLE EYE ON PLUS MALE MODEL BENJAMIN MONTANEZ

Large Rectangle

Hello Stylistas!!!!
Taking a bit of a break to prep fore events later this year but I wanted to highlight a few people this week that I following and who I think you should follow as well. 
Say hello to Benjamin!!! He is an emerging male models and all around nice guy.    Now you guys know how much I stand for the plus male models so when I got the opportunity to ask him a few questions I felt I had to share him with you all. 

Here he is...




NEC: Tell me a bit about yourself.  Where you’re from? What you do for work  and or for fun.   

BM:  Lets see. What to say about me...Well I am originally from a small town in California  called Lemoore, but I am currently living in Highlands Ranch Colorado where I work  as an EMT in a downtown Hospital in the Emergency Room. I’ve been in the medical  field for over 13 years now, it’s not always the easiest job but I love it.  As for a social life I am a Single guy, no wife, no girlfriend and no kids so really I  don’t have much of a social life. I do enjoy going to the movies and of course the  gym. I’m super excited about it being Halloween though, it means all the haunted  houses will be opening...so if anyone in the Denver area is trying to go let me  know...haha  

NEC: Love how you use my interview to find your Halloween date....Clever you are!!! So to help with that how would you describe yourself?

  BM:Way too laid back…I’m completely go with the flow, I never really worry too much about time and  schedules...Unless I have to be at work. 



NEC:  What was your personal style? What is  your favorite clothing item?     

BM:  HAHA...My style? I really just wear what I feel comfortable  in. I will wear a button down shirt and a bowties one day and the next day I feel just  as amazing in a pair of holey jeans and a hoodie. I do however stay mainly with  darker colors if that counts.    My favorite article of clothing at the moment is a pair of Flex jeans from Brooklyn  Laundry I got from Maximus Trax. I actually have never had a more comfortable pair  of jeans.

NEC: Any brands you have worked with in the past?  
Any brands you would love to  work with?   
BM:  I am currently working with Large Lad Clothing ​ and ​Maximus Box  both of which have amazing clothing and selection for the plus size men. 

  Brands I would love to work with would be first and foremost Dr. Martens. I wear  Dr. Martens quite often and I absolutely love the comfort and style of them. After  that it would be Adidas, Dockers, Levi, South Pole and Marc Ecko to name a few. 

NEC: Why become a model?    How will Bengamin "the model" help improve the plus size community?
BM: I have spent most my life battling with my weight, I was bullied in school and  verbally abused over it during my previous marriage. I know that there are plenty of  people in the same situation and I know that it’s hard to stay positive
through it all. This is why I want to do it.  I want to be the one to show a  generation of plus size men,and women, that their size doesn’t define the. That  beauty is not a number on a scale.   
I would like to feel that modeling as a plus size man is helping to show others  that looking good can be done at any size. I would also hope that maybe by modeling  the overall outlook of plus size models will change for the better. 




NEC: How do you want to be remembered for?  What is your motto in life? 

BM: Why? Am I dying?  Well if I am, I would like to be remembered as someone that made a difference. I  want to be known as one of the many amazing people that pushed for body  positivity and helped changed the idea that you don’t have to be a size 32 to be  attractive   

NEC: What are some organizations, charities or social issues you work with or deal  with?  Why are these close to your heart?  

BM: I help with an event every year called the 9health fair. It helps people in the Denver  Metro area get affordable health screening and basic blood work.   I do it because I know what it’s like to have thousands of dollars worth of medical  bills you can’t pay. So if I can help someone get the medic care they need for a cost  they can afford then way wouldn’t I.    I am also putting on the first annual “Onesies on Broadway” event in October.  Basically it’s just going to be an annual event that we get people all together at a  local bar to raise a little money for a local charity as we all wear our best onesie  pajamas. This year we will be raising money for “ONE Colorado” an organization  that helps LGBT youth. 

1,000 thanks to Benjamin for giving me the opportunity to get to know him a bit more. 

If you want to see more for him follow him on FB or Instagram @ BenjaminMontanez

Now its your turn!!!! If you would like to be featured on NEC STYLE email me with photos and a bit about yourself or leave comments below
Banner