Leaderboard
728x15

BLACK PANTHER: WHY I LOVE THIS MOVIE AND WHAT TO WEAR???

Large Rectangle

The highly anticipated Marvel Studios’ Black Panther comes to theaters everywhere on 2/16/18 (some cities have fan showing 2/15) and I’m SUPER excited about this.   This movie has already blown out in pre-sales, setting records and no one has seen it yet!!!  Fandingo announced that  this movie has the highest pre-sale tickets of any Marvel movie.  The previous holder was Captain America: Civil War.  (sidebar: wasn't this the same movie that introduced Black Panther?  Humm...no wonder it did so good...)

Here’s a brief synopsis of the film:
"Marvel Studios’ Black Panther follows T’Challa who, after the death of his father, the King of Wakanda, returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation to succeed to the throne and take his rightful place as king. But when a powerful old enemy reappears, T’Challa’s mettle as king—and Black Panther—is tested when he is drawn into a formidable conflict that puts the fate of Wakanda and the entire world at risk. Faced with treachery and danger, the young king must rally his allies and release the full power of Black Panther to defeat his foes and secure the safety of his people and their way of life."

Rather its the anticipation of another Mavel Movie or the start studded cast, this movie has everything I need and wanted in a Marvel Comic movie but it also holds sentimental value from my childhood.  





I remember reading the Black Panther fir the first time as a kid by accident.  I was at the library (remember that place) looking for comics to read.  (Another side note:  my mom would not buy comics/books because she said "that what the library's for". I think I single handily kept my local branch open because I spent a LOT of time there).   
When I found it I thought its a comic about the Black Panther Party!!! It wasn't but I also saw it was really really good. I cant remember the issue exactly, but 
I remember wanting to read more.  Unfortunately, this was a library and they only had one issue, which in comic book land is like having one chapter to a book.  I also remember being amazed that black pPanther wasn't a white man wearing a panther suit but a black man. That meant a lot to me because outside of Storm I hadn't seen another black super hero.  

Later in life, thanks to the internet, I got a chance to learn the back story and enjoy the story of T'Challa.  Plus it was great to learn that he was the boyfriend/husband/ex-husband of Storm.  I totally expect to see this in the next Panther Movie.  hint hint

So with tickets purchases and fan parties to attend the next question is....
WHAT AM I GOING TO WEAR!!!

Here are a few outfit ideas for your Black Panther (Movie) Party

Cos Play
Rather you going as Black Panther, a Dora Milaje or Romonda make sure to get the costume right.  Plus if you are Cos Playing you probably been creating you costume from the announcement of this movie at Comic Con.  lol


African Print Item




 Since T'Challa is a African Prince, its appropriate to wear some African prints.  I've heard a few of my friends say they will dress in Dashiki's but African Garb is so much more.  I've seen so many Dresses, skirts, tops and jackets in bold color prints.  The choices are endless. For my plus size stylistas here is a fellow blogger and her list of plus size providers of African print clothing.  

Diyanu is a online store that not only offer women's clothing but kids and men as well.  From skirts and dresses to tops, tees and jackets its all here.  You and the whole family can dress the part.  

Head Wraps


 If all over print is too much for you, try a Head wrap instead.  Her prints are great for a touch of print or color at any movie theater.  I have become a huge fan of Wrapgirlmagic.  She also has head wrap tutorials on Facebook.  

Black Panther Party
Like I said earlier, I thought the comic would be about the 1970's Black Panther Party.  Little did I know that Stan Lee came up with the name because of the Black Panthers.  Humm!!! So why not honor Stan by dressing as a Black Panther.  I don't think that Stan naming the comic Black Panther was just a coincidence considering that the Party was on every ones lips in the early 70's.  



Maybe its the Militant in me but I think dressing as a black panther is so easy but so bad ass.  
They did so much for the black community so any time I can show homage to the The Party I do so.  Plus there is nothing more bad ass then black leather jackets and a black barrette.  Its so fuck'n commanding!!!! 

Now that you have some fashion ideas I cant wait to see everyone attend this movie and blow out the first weekend.  It's a big thing to see a comic I love come to life and with this group of actors "mini me" and I will have a great time.  
Banner